1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Joint ICT / Maths Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by gary_scott, May 9, 2011.

1. gary_scott

gary_scott New commenter

Hi,
    I've been tasked with coming up with a joint ict and maths project for yr 7 or 8. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing something similar or had any ideas? I'm an ICT teacher (but will be HOD in september) so not got that much idea what goes on with maths. I'm looking for something fun, maybe to last 2 lessons a week for say, half a term (1 ICT, 1 maths lesson).
    I was thinking that I could maybe tie it in with a visit somewhere? What do you guys think? Any help would, as always, be most appreciated.
    Cheers

2. gary_scott

gary_scott New commenter

I see this has not captured anyone's interest!
    I have come up with an idea that we could have a visit to the Deep in Hull then do a project around that. I'm struggling to come up with much maths though, maybe the calculations of the volumes of the tanks with all the sea critters in or something like that. The ICT tasks would be pretty easy to sort out. Its still in the early days of planning (ie: only in my head!) but if anyone has any sort of ideas or things they have done then I'd love to hear about them. Do you reckon its worth posting this in the maths forum as well?
    Cheers