1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Joe McElderry

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Jun 27, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

What a fantastic work ethic. He's genuinely musical too.

2. Sounds like a little boy (or little girl) singing. Cheryl or the other blonde one to win.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Cheryl has a very pretty voice and Claire [?] has worked hard and made some lovely noises as well as some less lovely ones.
    Joe is only twenty, and already successful in what he's used to doing. What I admire about him is that he is such a perfectionist, and so humble before the music. It always interests me to wonder how a natural, intensely musical singer would fare if life had put them in different positions so that they followed a different tradition from the word go. Sorry - that's not very well-expressed.
    I'm now chuckling as I imagine Cheryl performing Lehar and Claire, Wagner. [​IMG]
    It's hard to shift genre, whatever your training or lack of it. Dame Kiwi's performances of popular songs vaguely embarrass me.

4. I havent seen this. What channel is it on and when please?

5. Popstar to Operastar on Sunday night. Cheryl has a lovely voice that I enjoy hearing but not a super operatic one. Claire is just not all that good at anything. Joe is my favourite so far.

6. only vaguely?
    though i'd listen to lesley garrett singing anything

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Yup.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

You can go to the official site and listen to performances.

9. I thought he had died when I saw the girly shirtlifter's name here. Now I know he hasn't, I 'll just go away again

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

good

11. 576

576 Occasional commenter

I opened this thread prepared to defend Joe & was very pleased to find such complimentary comments.
    I had the pleasure of teaching this young man when he was at school & he is a genuinely lovely lad with a fantastic voice.
    [​IMG]