1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobseeking

Discussion in 'English' started by Lollylulu, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Lollylulu

Lollylulu New commenter

Hello,

I am an English teacher who has been teaching for 3 years in total (at the same school) and am currently covering my HoD's maternity leave. Should I be looking just at a teacher of English job, or should I be going for a Head of Department, given my current experience levels?

I am looking to relocate from North England down to London. I notice that there are quite a few recruitment agencies in London offering jobs for teachers. Is this a good way to seek a permanent job? Or should I solely be looking in the TES?

So to summarise, my questions are:
    1) Is it advisable to use a combination of the TES and recruitment agencies, or should I solely use the TES when job seeking?
    2) Should I be looking at a Head of Department job, or simply a Teacher of English?

I have posted this in the 'Career Clinic' section too but I thought that there might be some budding English teachers out there who may have had similar experiences. I would be grateful of any tales/advice.

2. Lollylulu

Lollylulu New commenter

Hello,

I am an English teacher who has been teaching for 3 years in total (at the same school) and am currently covering my HoD's maternity leave. Should I be looking just at a teacher of English job, or should I be going for a Head of Department, given my current experience levels?

I am looking to relocate from North England down to London. I notice that there are quite a few recruitment agencies in London offering jobs for teachers. Is this a good way to seek a permanent job? Or should I solely be looking in the TES?

So to summarise, my questions are:
    1) Is it advisable to use a combination of the TES and recruitment agencies, or should I solely use the TES when job seeking?
    2) Should I be looking at a Head of Department job, or simply a Teacher of English?

I have posted this in the 'Career Clinic' section too but I thought that there might be some budding English teachers out there who may have had similar experiences. I would be grateful of any tales/advice.