1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by pgcer07, Mar 7, 2011.

  1. I was wondering whether TA jobs are advertised through TES and eteach like teaching jobs are, or are the different avenues where you apply for TA jobs?
    Are there particular qualifications needed and is a PGCE sufficient?
    Thanks in advance
  2. best place to look for TA jobs is your county council website under current vacancies. If you already have a pgce you may be seen as over qualified but there's no harm in trying. You'd be qualified to do hlta or cs work, which would pay more.

Share This Page