1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs that require GCSE C in Maths and those that don't

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by trinity0097, Feb 23, 2008.

1. There is some-at wrong with all the jobs you mentioned, bricklaying is a more esteemed, better-paid and more respectful job which doesn't need a C+ in Maths.

2. OY! Stop giving me abuse yeah.
    I'm a bricklayer and its a much more prestigious job than any of the ones you listed.

3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

who gives a stuff about prestige? Something that one enjoys and that comes close to paying the bills is about all most people can hope for!

4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

Grade C maybe not, but ability to think Mathematically, read dials, convert measures, time
    etc etc, very much relevant to being a Cook.

5. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

@hammie you took a 5 year break in the middle of your comment!

strawbs likes this.
  6. Kateray1

Kateray1 Occasional commenter

So true

I have just passed my Maths with grade 3. I’m still studying for grade4. But I have struggled all my life with maths. However I have a degree in Business , I’ve worked as office manager and hlta in Science. I am a private tutor and my lack of maths although make things challenging have not stopped me working. What I can’t have at the moment is a teaching degree, or professional role like accountancy.

7. Kateray1

Kateray1 Occasional commenter

Agree. I was an hlta in secondary school and was not shortlisted for ta role in primary or secondary because I didn’t have a c in maths.

I have a degree.