1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs that don't exist!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 17, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

This has happened to me twice lately.
    A job is advertised with a closing date on the advert.
    Two/three days prior to closing date I log on to apply but 'bing' the job has mysteriously disappeared!
    On phoning the school to enquire why i have been told the post has been filled and the advert withdrawn! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........................[​IMG]
    Why put a closing date on the advert if your going to ignore it and fill the vacancy before that date?
    Rant over.

2. BelleDuJour

This has happened to me twice lately.
    A job is advertised with a closing date on the advert.
    Two/three days prior to closing date I log on to apply but 'bing' the job has mysteriously disappeared!
    On phoning the school to enquire why i have been told the post has been filled and the advert withdrawn! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........................[​IMG]
    Why put a closing date on the advert if your going to ignore it and fill the vacancy before that date?
    Rant over.

3. Is it just to do with the stupid policy that jobs have to be advertised? At least it i better lthan the jobs you have been interviewed for when they clearly want the cheap NQT or the internal applicant.

4. BelleDuJour

True.....still pisses me off! At least I didn't apply only to hear nothing because they'd appointed someone through the back door!

5. It would pee me off too- such a waste of time.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It's also annoying when they ask for a large SAE for them to send you an application pack ... and they don't.

7. I can't believe that that is allowed to happen. Our employment lawsa are so tight here, that employers would never get away with it here.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've been trailing round EFL schools but numbers of students are still so low after that stupid law.
    All I get is promises of work in April or May, still I've managed to get some volunteer work teaching English to immigrants.

9. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

What stupid law is that Lapin?

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The law that said students coming here to study English must speak perfect English to get a visa for 6 months or longer. We lost an awful lot of students and consequently the universities have lost out as well. It meant that Beginners and Elementary students weren't able to come here.