1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs other than Tes jobs?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by EBC, Aug 30, 2019.

1. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Hi all,

I absolutely am a huge fan of Tes. Its wonderful for community, jobs, resources and everything, but.... Are there other sites that London schools use to advertise jobs?

Just wondering..

phlogiston likes this.
  2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Probably. Schools round Cambridge often use an organisation called EPM to advertise as well.
    I would also look for local press ads, and possibly use local press to find which agencies the schools use.

3. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 New commenter

Do they not use Eteach? That's where all the jobs in our area go (four different counties). They are also advertised on the individual council sites if they are a state school.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

And the DfE's acclaimed (by them! :) ) national teaching jobs site, supposed to solve all our problems (yeah, right)

https://www.gov.uk/find-teaching-job

Whether London schools actually use it I've never bothered to find out.

Some London LAs have teaching jobs advertised on the LA website, although I guess that would only be jobs in LA schools not academies

5. Summerhols6

Summerhols6 Occasional commenter

Tes isn't the end of the universe and there are agencies that deal with permanent work. Some schools now let agencies do the' leg work' for permanent roles. Tes still has the bulk of jobs but and agency who deals with permanent jobs will cut out having to fill in multiple applications ,which very time consuming.

6. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Thanks for that. Ive heard of eteach. Never looked before. I think TES is the one I'd go for.

I was just wondering as a friend found a dep head job for a private school, and I didn't see it on the tes so wondered where. I forget to ask her.

Thank you

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

The DfE national teaching jobs site is only available to state schools.

8. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

Try indeed. I've had floods of job alerts for my area every day when I shoved my cv on there.

9. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Where do you mean? Eteach or DoE?