1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs in Wales

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by ela86, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Am just a student teacher at the moment but am worrying about jobs etc.
    Just wondering how do you get to find out about jobs.. am in south
    wales at the moment... where should i be looking??

thanks xx

2. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Am just a student teacher at the moment but am worrying about jobs etc.
    Just wondering how do you get to find out about jobs.. am in south
    wales at the moment... where should i be looking??

thanks xx

3. Hello there! [​IMG]

Probably the best place to look for jobs is either the Eteach website, or of course, the TES jobs website. Also try looking in the local papers i.e. South Wales Echo or the Western Mail. I know that the Western Mail has a jobs supplement once a week (think it's on a Thursday!)

It is definitely worth registering with the Eteach website, as you can save the searches you perform, and Eteach will email you when a job matching your search pops up.

Hope that's of some help to you, but I wouldn't worry too much just yet...jobs will come up after half term, or in April-June time mainly (well, I'm hoping anyway!!!)

Sian x x

4. I think you can find more jobs at jobswales.co.uk and jobs.thisissouthwales.co.uk .

Thank You.
    Jobs in Cochin

5. shakircadox

shakircadox New commenter

6. Coch

Coch New commenter

I have been teaching since 1997 . I have taught nearer enough all over the world . I'm from Anglesey in North Wales.
    My father was Welsh and my mother was English , back in the day there was no Welsh referendum and no devolution .
    Before we start I'm all for keeping the Welsh language and culture . As for myself I can converse in Welsh up to a point but when it comes to teaching my subject of Science through the medium of Welsh then this is were the problem begins ....because I simply can't . Therefore every time I apply for a job in Wales I get rejected because of the language barrier .
    I would encourage the the EWC of which I'm a member to encourage Welsh teacher like myself into support with material or guidance into being able to apply for work . After all I would like to return my knowledge and skill to the people who paid their taxes in order to educate me all those years ago and bring the skills back home,instead of having to leave the country I grew up in order to teach worldwide . May I add that teaching agencies are killing the profession as teachers want a full time job these days, not a day here or a day there , simply not could enough, especially if your on Universal Credit . So folks if there is anyone in a similar position to I then voice your opinion . If your a school who is reading this, and your looking for a KS3 Science teacher and KS3/KS4 / A - level Physics teacher , plus I can teach BTEC Electrical / Electronics lecturer please let me know.

7. Coch

Coch New commenter

You got a better chance in South Wales than North Wales . It's legal racism up here