1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs in Hertfordshire- should I get desperate now or hold off till after may 31st?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsBauer, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am relocating and wondering whether to apply like mad for teaching jobs out now (not many which seem right for me) or to hold off and wait until after may 31st? Any advice? Do most jobs come out after feb deadline or may?
    Thanks

2. Hi,

I am relocating and wondering whether to apply like mad for teaching jobs out now (not many which seem right for me) or to hold off and wait until after may 31st? Any advice? Do most jobs come out after feb deadline or may?
    Thanks

3. Where abouts in Herts are you moving to? I think lots of jobs come in after 31st of May. Have mentored students in the past 3 years who have all got jobs after half term. Good luck with the move x

4. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm hopefully moving to St Albans in the summer. Would love a job in St Albans but I'm looking at other areas too. I've only ever had one job so it's hard to know what to expect with regards to vacancies.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. Mrs B, if you're not familiar with it, please don't underestimate the level of traffic in that area before you commit yourself. Find out a bit about distances and routes you're going to take. Sounds obvious but, honestly, St Albans traffic can be horrendous.

7. Eeeek! I'm not familiar with it at all! Relocating from a long way away. I've been looking at schools less than 10 miles away in lots of different directions. Going to avoid motorways and check out the aa traffic blackspots again...any spots to be esp wary of?

8. marlin

The M1 southbound between junction 13 and 10 is especially bad in the mornings! There are long term roadworks. Northbound isn't usually too bad on that section. Once they have been completed then it should be much better. They've recently completed the stretch below that and traffic runs much more smoothly. Generally it is all very busy. An OS maps with 'country routes' might be good to look at. My OH has 3 different routes depending on traffic flow!

9. marlin

Oh, and another thing - the 'magic roundabout' in Hemel can be fun! [​IMG]

10. Spent all day trawling job ads...only 2 which are in St Albans/local area. There must be 40+ primary schools. Someone please tell me there will be more soon...

11. marlin

There's still time ...