1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs for the girls

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mollykay, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I am very angry about the politics associated with jobs and promotion in my school. There is a a position for deputy head of the department that I work in but I know that I havent a hope of getting it as there is a teacher who had a hastily ptomoted post a year ago and has been basically doing the job. she is also the "darling" of the head and the head makes no secret that she would like her as her deputy. there a are 3 other canditates including myself who tick all the boxes in the job spec but only 1 other person is going up against her. She is acting as if she has already got the job showing her authority and "swanning around". I know that I sound jealous and I probably am but I have more experience and knowledge that she has in my little finger. She has the perfect accent ( clipped middle class) to fit in with our senior management team. You would not think we were an east end multicultural school. What can I do except apply for a job else where.

2. I am very angry about the politics associated with jobs and promotion in my school. There is a a position for deputy head of the department that I work in but I know that I havent a hope of getting it as there is a teacher who had a hastily ptomoted post a year ago and has been basically doing the job. she is also the "darling" of the head and the head makes no secret that she would like her as her deputy. there a are 3 other canditates including myself who tick all the boxes in the job spec but only 1 other person is going up against her. She is acting as if she has already got the job showing her authority and "swanning around". I know that I sound jealous and I probably am but I have more experience and knowledge that she has in my little finger. She has the perfect accent ( clipped middle class) to fit in with our senior management team. You would not think we were an east end multicultural school. What can I do except apply for a job else where.