1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs for Jan 2012

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by sweetie666, Aug 19, 2011.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi all
    I was just wondering if anyone knew when jobs for Jan 2012 will start coming out? I am starting at an NQT at a lovely school however its only a terms maternity cover so will be looking for another post for Jan.
    Thank you

2. Maternity cover posts may crop up from now on but the resignation date is not until the end of October so I doubt very much will be around until then.

3. Usually after half term. I did the same as you last year. Got a mat cover (which I did for a term as the mat person said they were coming back in Feb - in the end they came back at Easter but that's another story). I then got a fixed term contract until August.
    I was interviewed in about the second week of November (I also had an interview lined up the following week but obviously withdrew from that).
    There weren't many posts for a Jan start though in my area :-( Most were maternity covers, which I didn;t really want as I couldn't afford not to be paid over the summer holidays. But I was fortunate to gain a fixed term contract :)

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

They crop up from the end of September onwards as the resignations for half term begin to come in. Check with your LA to see if they operate an NQT pool at this time of year as they are still going in some places.