1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs advertised that don't exist

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Although this could go in the supply teachers threads I feel it is just as pertinent to put it here. If you look at agency websites they advertise posts and so you forward them a CV as requested. They then come back to you, sometimes weeks later, saying that the post has been filled but would you come in to the office to register. Oh and by the way don't forget to bring in (depending on the agency) £44, £50 or even £55 for a new CRB - no we don't do portability - Lancashire County Council schools have been told to reject ported CRBs. I suggest you do as I do and ring the office directly to enquire about the post and I will almost guarantee you will get the above reply. I am of course much too polite to vent my true feelings and politely refuse (honest).

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

I found that too when I looked at supply.
    My second PGCE placement school actually advertised jobs that didn't exist!! They needed one teacher but advertised four jobs with different combinations of subjects to see 'who they got apply'. They gave the impression that there were four jobs when in fact there was one. I was disgusted when the head teacher told me this especially when they decided that one subject combination they advertised was a definite no go and binned all those applications without even looking at them.

3. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Things like this make me wonder what the country is coming to. For the past year i've been looking for teaching and non teaching jobs, mostly through agencies and i'm appalled that these immoral, money sucking companies have become such a big industry and that is how we have go about getting employed. Some i'll grant are better than others, however if the Job Centre were not such a massive pile of..... schools and employers wouldn't have to pay extortionate amounts for sub standard service, and us job seekers wouldn't have to pander to these often ignorant, tight fisted bull shitters.

Rant over, ha ha.
    (This comes from someone who used to work for a teaching supply agency and left in disgust with the cut throat sales and non caring attitude of the bosses and staff- and decided to become a teacher! Now goimg begging back to these agencies)