1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jobs aborad with only RE KS3-4

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by joanahartna, Sep 27, 2015.

1. joanahartna

joanahartna New commenter

Hi

I've been teaching for two-years and am quite keen to move abroad to teach or work in an office (if need be), the challenge I am facing is that RE is seldom advertised as a position overseas.
    I wondered if RE was in someway transferable?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

RE i not a major subject for teaching abroad. And the lack of any A-level experience is another disadvantage. I think that you would be best advised to post on the Teaching Overseas forum to see what suggestions people over there have for you.

3. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

A weird statement..... I don't know much about working abroad, but I imagine that it really depends where you go. It is the one subject where your religion will probably be important as well....

4. 576

576 Established commenter

It isn't the most widely advertised position.
    But there are jobs out there in
    Kenya
    Cayman Islands
    Spain
    Australia
    Cyprus
    Jerusalem
    Jersey
    Peru
    I have seen positions in all these countries advertised on TES.
    Just the other week there were 4 in TES 2x in Grand Cayman, 1 in Jersey and 1 in Peru.
    The difficulty comes when you are ready to leave your first overseas post and hoping to move onto a second.