1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job swap???

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by huwlj3, Jun 20, 2011.

1. huwlj3

huwlj3 New commenter

Hi. I am currently a H.O.D. in the north of the country. I have a friend who is also a H.O.D. in the south. Both of us would like to move and do a job swap. Sounds great in principle, however, how practical is it in reality? Do both our schools need to advertise our posts? Any thoughts/comments appreciated. Thanks.

2. huwlj3

huwlj3 New commenter

Hi. I am currently a H.O.D. in the north of the country. I have a friend who is also a H.O.D. in the south. Both of us would like to move and do a job swap. Sounds great in principle, however, how practical is it in reality? Do both our schools need to advertise our posts? Any thoughts/comments appreciated. Thanks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

They don't have to advertise by regulation - only HT and DHT. However, the Govs or the Local Authority may have a protocol that requires this.
    I suggest that each of you does a very good CV, with names of referees, and send to the other. Then you each go to your Head, armed with this, and see what the view of this is.
    This would be a first stage for you.
    Good luck!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!