1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

JOB! (subject to refs & dbs). Just to confirm- Do I cancel all other interviews?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by slingshotsally, Jun 24, 2015.

1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi all,

I have been offered and accepted a job, subject to refs and dbs. It's either 21st or 22nd interview.

I remember this feeling- it's the same one I had after I passed my driving test.

It took me 7 times (to pass the test) and when I was told- I thought I had failed yet again. The examiner had to tell me twice- but I still didn't believe him.

To be honest, I am half expecting the rug to be pulled from underneath me. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Have a great evening all.

SAL

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Yes, you do cancel all other interviews.

Congratulations!

3. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

"Half expect the rug to be pulled out from under me"

Don't stress. Congratulations!!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

5. slingshotsally

Hi All,

I was exhausted yesterday when I posted.

I was actually numb with shock.

That could be the only reason for me to have forgotten the most important words of all:

THANK YOU ALL!!

SAL

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

7. jammy06

jammy06 New commenter

congratulations. We knew you'd get the right school for you! Enjoy the moment.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations! Enjoy that wonderful feeling

[​IMG]

9. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Congratulations from me too!

10. slingshotsally

Guys & Gals,

The excitement has been building over the weekend- I had the contract pop through the letter box which so lovely. I am not sure how, but I felt I little pop of joy in my heart on seeing it.

As a result of this- I have a "probleme de luxe". Please could you pop over on to personal to advise...

SAL