1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Situation

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by dufc08, Feb 19, 2012.

1. dufc08

dufc08 New commenter

Is the job situation improving in Scotland? I know that the training courses have slashed numbers, but is this having an effect or simply keeping pace with the cuts in teacher posts? I'm particularly interested in any info on Primary jobs in the central belt. Has anyone heard any up to date figures of the number of applicants for primary jobs in places like Edinburgh and Glasgow...still hundreds applying for each job? Any info greatly appreciated!

2. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yeah pretty much the same.
    I had an interview in Paisley in October and there were 500 people applying. Took the HT 3 weeks to shortleet and she had to get up at 5am!! didn't get the job.
    In this day and age it's not what you know (because we will all pretty much know the same) - it's WHO you know.
    And that's a shame.

3. In terms of numbers applying, I would say not much difference.

It did seem to me though that there are more posts being advertised, probably due to schools not having to make room for so many probationers.

I'm in Edinburgh, by the way.