1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Sharing

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by atomic betty, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I work 2 days a week (Mon & Fri) in an English Dept and share the majority of my classes with another teacher who works the middle of the week. We do not have any crossover time for planning and, as such, we have tried to split work so that we each do our own thing. However, in my case, I have found that it takes a long time to get through things and I often have interruptions due to Bank Holidays, etc. I also have trouble setting homework. We have S1, S4 and an Int 1 Class (50% each). Our S3 class come to English every day so I have less time with them than my job share partner does.
    Has anyone worked a similar pattern? How can we make this work effectively?
    Thanks

2. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I work 2 days a week (Mon & Fri) in an English Dept and share the majority of my classes with another teacher who works the middle of the week. We do not have any crossover time for planning and, as such, we have tried to split work so that we each do our own thing. However, in my case, I have found that it takes a long time to get through things and I often have interruptions due to Bank Holidays, etc. I also have trouble setting homework. We have S1, S4 and an Int 1 Class (50% each). Our S3 class come to English every day so I have less time with them than my job share partner does.
    Has anyone worked a similar pattern? How can we make this work effectively?
    Thanks