1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Sharing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Milgod, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

How on earth would that work? You would be planning for part of a lesson and the other teacher the rest of it. Or have I missed something?

2. I have done a job share before, and it's a nightmare trying to plan for it, especially if you end up in a situation like I did when sharing with the deputy head. He was always too busy for weekly meetings, or even a chat at the end of the day, so we never got to plan together really. It was awkward, and the children didn't know where they were half the time. That is why I suggest that you take part of a subject each and plan for it. That way, you still get complete flexibility. I think your ideas would work fine for maths, as you could focus on the numebr aspect when you're in, and she could focus on word problems and shape on her days. For Literacy though, i would be tempted to take a genre and teach it. E.g you may teach fiction (stories and poetry) on your days, and she could do non-fiction (reports, recounts, instructions etc) on hers. Then, you could split Science and ICT and the foundation subjects between you.

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

How many days are you working? My jobshare works 2 days and I work 3 days. I do all the number and calculation work, she does data handling, shape, space and measure. We both do U&A. I do the English 'units', she does big write and grammar linked to what I'v done. For most of the year I do history, geog, french, art, dt, one pe, some pshe and she does science, re and one pe. We both do ict. We swap around a bit after Easter. In effect we are completely separate planningwise, we are both happy with how we've split it and it works [​IMG]

4. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Oops...I've.