1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job share

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by salbo, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I have a member of staff who is reducing from full time to 0.6 as from September. This has been accepted by the Governors as we have a 0.4 teacher who can make up the job share. Due to the uncertainty of staff and where teachers might be in September I have told him that I cannot guarantee he will be teaching the same year group in Sept, although it will be in the same key stage. He informs me that he only applied for the job share on the condition that he taught in the same year group. Am I obliged to honour this? I stated right from the onset that I could not guarantee which year group he would be in. Thank you.

2. I am not a head but this makes me really cross - a primary school teacher should be prepared to teach any year group. I have friends who refuse to teach in the other key stage (1 or 2). I teach 0.4 in y3 but I would love full time in any year group, so few jobs around at moment though. Aargh!!

3. Thank you all so much. I feel so much better!!