1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job share

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by newmummy1, Mar 23, 2011.

1. newmummy1

newmummy1 New commenter

I have requested 2.5 days per week (the second half of the week) job share when I return to work after mat leave, but have a feeling the school may ask me to do either 2 or 3 days. Have a meeting in a few weeks time.
    Those of you who jobshare, does anyone do half a week each (primary). If so, how do you split the week, and what is agreed with school about PPA time and handover with the other teacher?

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I know of a 0.5 jobshare where they do alternate Wednesdays ... have you considered that? I believe the :pPA time is on Wednesdays too.

This pairing also share the childcare - it works well for both of them.

3. Surely if you did 2.5 and the other teacher did 3 then this would also cover the PPA time for both of you? Therefore to the advantage of the children as they wouldn't have the inconsistency of a third teacher.

4. In my school they do two days and then alternate Fridays.
    If I was offered 3 days I'd have been literally over the moon- but they didn't, and won't ever! So unless I want to look for another job after baby number two, I am stuck doing full time.
    Irrelevant completely- sorry! Just feeling really resentful at the moment.
    Good luck and hope it goes your way