1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job share with husband?

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by CycloGoose, Nov 17, 2019.

1. CycloGoose

CycloGoose New commenter

Husband and I are both teachers - he's head of maths and im an assistant head currently. (Primary independent)

It's all a but full on and we're trying to plan for the future. We're thinking this would enable us both to bring our children up whilst keeping a foot in the door and a little bit of money going in the pension pot.

Are we able to apply for full time posts as a jobshare?

Has anyone tried this? I doubt we'd get a head of department role though...

Anyone with any experience - your thoughts are welcome!

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I read about one school where husband and wife jobshared the headship. It seemed to work well.

CycloGoose likes this.
  3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

Wow - what an amazing idea! I can just imagine the arguments - you do bathtime - I'm marking SATs!

4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

so a school would get two dedicated professionals, working for a rate below their true worth, each fully committed to their part time days, but able to maintain a work/life balance, no issues at all around communication time for the two working together as a job share pair, no child care problems ever going to take them from work with no notice.

Don't be ridiculous, what management in their right mind is going to go for that?