1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Share Query!

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by mazzypann, Mar 31, 2011.

1. hi, Just wondered that if you have job share post in a school and your job share partner leaves does the other "job share" person get offered the post full time or does it get advertised?
    thanks!

2. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

I think it will depend on the LA. One I know of will fill any vacancy with a last year's probationer.
    <u></u>

3. Hi there
    I'm a job-share teacher with Glasgow City Council, and when my job-share partner left 2 years ago I was not offered her hours.

4. Hi, my job-share partner left last year. I expected to be offered the other half of the post but when I enquired with LA was told that yes, under normal circumstances, existing partners are usually offered the post in the first instance, but as there are so many surplus teachers I would not be given the post, nor would it be advertised. Instead supply cover has been used. I guess it's down to the LA's interpretation of the term 'normal circumstances'. If or when 'normality' ever resumes then I will fight for the other half of my post, as my contract states should be offered to me.