1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job share in Foundation Phase -how do you make it work?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by prepm, Oct 6, 2015.

1. prepm

prepm New commenter

hi everybody I've applied for a job share position, fingers crossed! my question is for all of you that do job share at the moment how do you make it work? clearly communication is the key- but how do you share the planning and assessment? Its a 3/2 day split

2. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

I am the 3 day part of a 3/2 day job share. we both share ideas for CP on a large sheet, adding ideas as they crop up. the core teaching is done on a timetable for that half term, so we know whether we are covering enough of the areas over a week or longer. on my final day (wed) I speak to my partner and share what has happened. She then does what she has planned with modifications according to my info. On Friday she, and our TA, set up the CP for the following week, so I don't come in to an empty, un-resourced classroom on Monday. I leave any resources for CP that they will need to put out according to my annotations on the CP plan. She then emails over the weekend to let me know anything pertinent for the following week.. we also have a diary (squirrelled away) where we pass on key info. We then have days where we are both in school together and whoever shouldn't be working then takes a day in lieu.

Hope that makes some kind of sense - works for us very well. :)