1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job recuitment agencies

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sianod, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hello

I was wondering what the best job recuitment agenices are, looking for a job in SEN I am an NQT, and I wanted to drop off my CV to many places.

Thanks for any help

Sian

2. Hello

I was wondering what the best job recuitment agenices are, looking for a job in SEN I am an NQT, and I wanted to drop off my CV to many places.

Thanks for any help

Sian

3. Job Agencies are a waste of time. Full of promises but actualy full of Sh.t and wind. You'd be better to contact your local Schools yourself and LEA. That's what I've done. I'm signed up with 4 agencies had only one day of supply offer, which I couldn't do as I was booked in to another school and job long term offers. They advertise for jobs that don't exist just to get you CV.

4. ** actually !! selling error

5. Yes some are a waste of time, but agencies make their money by getting you a job, so I've found most do actually try their best for you. They have connections in schools and can personally recommend you, which you can't do yourself by just cold calling.
    Depending where you're based, I've found Academics to be really useful. The consultants are friendly and honest - they let me know about difficult schools and really tried to match my experience, not just putting me forward for any jobs. They work in and around London, so like I said it depends if you're in the area. Plenty of SEN jobs.
    Miriam [​IMG]

6. rouseau22

rouseau22 New commenter

Can I recommend Destination Education and Tradewinds?

Dest Ed because they behave professionally and seem to get nice positions coming in. Also, they pay top wonga! Tradewinds pay slightly less but they dont cry or turn funny if you don't accept the job in the wrong keystage in the outer Hebrides that they hae found for you.
    I have a few that I can tell you not to touch with a barge pole, but I don't want to violate forum rules! rouseau22@hotmail.com if you want to know all the ones ive ever been with and who has work and who has 'issues' :)
    ps, both these agencies are in London, but I dont know if they have offices elsewhere in the country. Also be aware that lots of the positions that you see that lure you in are as the previous poster said, non-existant. It took me a long time and a lot of heart break before I cottoned on to this.