1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job prospects in Dorset

Discussion in 'Personal' started by maggie m, Jun 9, 2011.

1. maggie m

maggie m Occasional commenter

My other half (not a teacher) has the chance to apply for a transfer to Dorchester. He would love to go and to be honest so would I but it is only possible if I can also find a post in that area.
    Anyone know what the chances of permanent , tempoarary or supply might be.

2. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

Subject?

3. Hi
    Try this website:
    http://jobs.dorsetforyou.com/
    It is where I have been looking as we are hoping to relocate in that area.

4. maggie m

maggie m Occasional commenter

Science, with experience of biology to A2 and Chemistry to AS

5. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I'm sure there are lots of Science jobs in the area.
    Dorchester has an excellent comprehensive school but there are lots of schools in the surrounding area.
    It's a great place to be - trust me i live here!

6. I'm a Dorset girl too and love it here, have moved away and back again- and I want to stay. I think as you are science, especiallly with chemistry, you are quite well placed to find a job. I do some private tuition (biology) and have been offered quite a bit of work, so that could be an option while you search.

7. Dorset is fab, I'm a dorset girl, born and bred so I'm probs biased. I've moved away now but would love to work my way back down.
    Poole to Dorchester only takes about a half hour trip in the car, so that opens up your area as well!

8. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

[​IMG] Not only are the schools being given a ringing endorsement, one of the best workplace bullying + harassment lawyers in the country is located there, too. What more could you want?