1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job offer in Saudi in a SMAller SChool

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by barney gumball, May 21, 2011.

1. I've been offered a job at a school in Jeddah, the name suggests it's a small or LITTLE school. Jeddah looks like a nice place, a little more relaxed than other KSA cities. Does anyone know or have experience with this school. I've looked on ISR, but there's nothing posted, Is this good or bad?)

Thanks in advance for any info

2. I dont know the said school your talking about but I would say that one persons good experience may be your bad experience and vice-versa. Think its just a lucky dip concerning the majority of international schools?.... just my opinion.

3. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

I've nothing to add in answer to your question, but wanted to say that Jedda and Riyadh are world's apart, almost like different countries, so don't let the Riyadh thread put you off too much. [​IMG]

4. Thanks to both for taking the time to post

5. Sorry, John, I have to take issue with that. A shit school is a shit school. It would take a weirdo to get a good experience out of it.
    You're right about the lucky dip bit though. Although some might say an unlucky dip.

6. I am heading out to work in Jeddah in a few months, but have not heard of this school. Is it a local school? I have had a look online but as you said, there isn't much info on the place.

Could you give more information - for example, will you be living on a compound? Will they pay you a travel allowance? Are you happy with the salary? What do they expect in terms of extra curricular?

In terms of Jeddah being relaxed, it definitely seems to be the most cosmopolitan and 'liberal' of all the Saudi cities.

good luck to you!

7. Oh dear, I just looked at some of the job profiles: One year contracts and no need for teaching experience or qualifications. Not sure I like the sounds of that.....

8. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

. . . oh dear. [​IMG]

9. It sounds like a shitter.. [​IMG]

10. Thanks for all posts, looks like I'll swerve this one!