1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Offer in Qatar

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Nishath786, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Nishath786

Nishath786 New commenter

Hi all

I've read this forum to read a lot and gained some valuable insight into working abroad. As a result, I'm not sure if the job offer I've received is worth it.

I've been offered a job in Qatar at a well-known chain of schools. They're offering me 13.5k QAR per month, but are not providing health insurance for my wife and child. No flights out for them either.

Is it possible to start a conversation with someone about the terms and working for this set of schools? My gut feeling is that the terms aren't good enough. The same chain offered interviews for a school in Dubai, but I have yet to respond because of the same terms (no medical insurance for dependants). I understand that this chain only offer medical insurance for the employee and not any dependants.

The chain is named after a shiny stone or an iced biscuit.

Thanks in advance.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have already replied to your TES Conversation thing, in quite some detail.

3. Nishath786

Nishath786 New commenter

Hi Hippo

Indeed you did. Sorry, I posted this first before I got in touch and noticed the other threads.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

No problem, Nishath786! I hope that it all works out for you.

5. emmettsfan

emmettsfan New commenter

Hello,

new poster here. How do you start one of the coversation things? I am trying to contact user: Hippo

Thanks