1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job market for American qualified secondary art teacher

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by Arsenalfc, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Arsenalfc

Arsenalfc New commenter

Hi everyone,

My American husband lives in the UK and wants to be a secondary school art teacher. He is in the process of completing his US teaching credentials online (the American equivalent of PGCE) because we cannot afford for him to do a PGCE as he's not eligible for bursaries or Student Finance and we have two children to support. He is hoping to get three months of experience teaching placement in a secondary school in the UK as part of his teaching qualification. His teaching qualification will allow him to get QTS.

My question is - what is the job market like for an American NQT Art Teacher (for want of a better phrase)?

Many thanks in advance,

Arsenalfc

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Search Art teacher jobs in your preferred area to get an idea of availability. did you say before that you were Bristol area if so then there are none on tes so check the council web site, I think they use e-teach.