1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job isnt what i was offered

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Honeypot123, Aug 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

What they said...
    [​IMG]

agathamorse likes this.
  2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

I would also stress that the new school knows exactly what has happened, otherwise it might go wrong for you.

3. Honeypot123

Honeypot123 New commenter

Thanks for these helpful comments and I do feel reassured. I was completely honest with the new school as I want everything to be above board. I realise it will be hard for the head to find someone at short notice but I would never have accepted a 0.7 post for one term following interview so I know I am doing the right thing.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Well, you'll never know what was going on, but it sounds as if you are well off somewhere else.

wanet likes this.
  5. Honeypot123

Well that's it I have emailed the head declining the post based on the changes made to my contract and I have accepted another job!! Just waiting for a response which I imagine isn't going to be a nice one!!! Thanks so much for all your helpful comments

Blue_y likes this.
  6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

You don't need to read the response.
    Set up a block or send it to junk. No need to do anything else.

Sooo get all excited for your new, real, proper post and start thinking and planning how you are going to have the most fabulous time ever!

sabrinakat and Honeypot123 like this.
  7. DrEmmaKell

DrEmmaKell New commenter

Not much to add to the excellent advice that's been offered here. It appears that you have handled this situation very well - you have remained calm and have been completely honest with your new school. As per previous post, do make sure you have a written trail for the most recent post you've accepted - though you'd have to be exceptionally unlucky for it not to go smoothly now! All the best in your new role.

8. Honeypot123

I agree the advice has been excellent and gave the confidence to deal with it in the correct way. I already have a formal letter of a job offer from the new school. The head never responded to my email about me not accepting the job anymore due to breach of contract. I now now know I made the right decision. Thanks once again to all who advised me.

9. grant_jessup

grant_jessup New commenter

Just to reiterate a verbal offer is legally binding if you have followed a formal application process and the offer wasn't offered subject to conditions being met i.e. satisfactory references or agreement from governors.

Happy to offer more of an insight if needed.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Yes, an offer made and accepted is legally binding. If you've read the entire thread, you will see that the advert was for full-time, the OP was offered and accepted.8 and for a year, but this was changed to.75 and for a term by the school. The OP is well out of the original school who were dishonest and broke the conditions of said verbal contract.

caterpillartobutterfly and wanet like this.
  11. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Careful, sabrina. @grant_jessup is Commercial Director Recruitment at TES .

12. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Interesting...

wanet likes this.