1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bridielidee, Jun 25, 2019.

1. bridielidee

bridielidee New commenter

Hi all,
    On Monday I have an interview for LSP3
    The task I have been set is.... to pick a book that is special to me choose and learning objective and success criteria and share the book as I wish to achieve my learning intention.... I have 15 minutes with 10 mixed ability year 6 children HELP!!!! on really racking my brains to think of a good book.... I was thinking Journey by Aaron Becker but there is no words so not sure if I'm making a mistake.... any ideas would be greatly recieved xx

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Remember a good part of the task is to see how you relate to the children, so choose a book you enjoy. Then that quality will come over in the observation.
    Start by looking at some of the Yr 6 raeading objectives and then think how you could help the children achieve that objective in that time-frame.

Marshall likes this.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I think your idea is good as it will appeal/be easy to access for all abilities.

Make sure you can really explain to the panel why the book is special to you. This shows that you are not just 'performing' for the interview.

I often used books with no words (or few words) - it lets the children se their imagination without being wrong.

Good luck and let us know how you get on and what you decided on!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

You could find a book that demonstrates one of the school values, or fbv. Wonder picture book is good for bullying/ discussing tolerance. LO could be to infer a message from a text.