1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ictbev, Jun 18, 2019.

1. ictbev

ictbev New commenter

I have an interview for the first time in a few years after doing mostly long term supply. I already feel sick with stress, it's ridiculous but I hate interviews. Whilst I would love to go back to permanent, doing supply has been good for me so I know I could continue.

Has anyone got any tips on dealing with the stress.
    Many thanks

2. 50sman

50sman Senior commenter

Deep breathes

Remember the school is interested in you
    If you don’t get it you can still do supply

Remember though permanent means observations, learning walks and all the other carp things like assessment spreadsheets associated with teaching these days

It may well be that subconsciously the thought of going back to it is causing you stress.

Financially supply can be precarious but regarding work life balance it is wonderful

3. ictbev

ictbev New commenter

Thank you, I agree about all the extra stuff, which I could do without but I'd like some financial security.

4. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Make sure you create some space for yourself in the run-up to the interview - especially the day before.
    Deep breaths... fresh air... go for a walk.
    Make sure you relax before you go to sleep and mentally put the interview away and think about other things.
    On the day, just do your best. Act calm and confident.
    Good luck!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Sleyshon

Sleyshon New commenter

A quick question, how long should one normally expect to hear whether they were successful for a post at an International School?
    I was interviewed almost a week ago....thumbs up or down colleagues??

A little context, I was complimented twice on my lesson and I thought the interview went well. However, today my confidence is slowly dissipating and I'm cognitively dissonant. ;)