1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Airth, May 7, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have been teaching a few years and have been on a number of job interviews. My issue is I have been invited on interview this week but they don't want me to teach a lesson. I have always had to teach lessons at interviews so find it a bit disconcerting. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on why no lesson? What should I expect? am secondary RE and have mostly been applied in the north west in the last few years but I am wanting to move.

Thanks
    Airth

2. Hi,

I have been teaching a few years and have been on a number of job interviews. My issue is I have been invited on interview this week but they don't want me to teach a lesson. I have always had to teach lessons at interviews so find it a bit disconcerting. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on why no lesson? What should I expect? am secondary RE and have mostly been applied in the north west in the last few years but I am wanting to move.

Thanks
    Airth

3. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Two of my three interviews last time didn't ask me to teach a lesson. I was quite thankful, to be honest, as I get really nervous, although it does require you to really sell yourself in the interview.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I guess that they have decided not to ask for lessons because they have good references from all the applicants, perhaps?
    But as Sillow says, it puts more pressure on you to get the interview 100% right.
    Do read this thread (as well as the Interview advice inside the Welcome thread)
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done to you on getting that interview - we look forward to you starting a brand-new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes.