1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job interview stress!!!!! please help!

Discussion in 'English' started by nstock88, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hi,
    was wondering if someone would be able to help me! I have just been informed I have been short listed for a teaching job in a year 2 class. On friday I am being observed teaching a year 2/3 class in a literacy session. The session is only going to be half hour long and needs to include modelling for writing! Im having a bit of a stress as i have so many different ideas...
    I was thinking ok reading little red riding hood to the class and then informing them that I am not just a teacher but also an investigator searching for the bad wolf. I will ask the children if they have seen him and also what they think he may look like. Once we have had a discussion I will ask them to help me write wanted posters and model what i want it to look like, before sending them off to create their own. They will only have 10 minutes to do it and then they will come back and i will choose one or two children to read theres out for me to close the session.
    does this sound ok? If anyone has any other suggestions i would really appreciate it!
    thanks!!!

2. Hello, I think that sounds great - it has promise to really capture their imagination.

I've just had a little think, and perhaps developing you idea so it includes role plays and talk for writing would perhaps be something interesting to look into?

Best of luck.
    John.