1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Interview Questions and Tips please

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Helenkeyworth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello All
    I have my first job interview tomorrow (i'm a PGCE geog)- I have the lesson planned and am practicing it today. However i've so far negleted the interview part!!!
    Does anyone have any handy tips that they think gave them the edge in interviews?
    Also - what questions were you asked - examples of real corkers that may catch me off guard would be much appreciated.

thank you
    hk

2. Hello All
    I have my first job interview tomorrow (i'm a PGCE geog)- I have the lesson planned and am practicing it today. However i've so far negleted the interview part!!!
    Does anyone have any handy tips that they think gave them the edge in interviews?
    Also - what questions were you asked - examples of real corkers that may catch me off guard would be much appreciated.

thank you
    hk

3. Got through an interview today - was mostly surprised they'd picked me to be honest!
    Interview tips - if you have a chance of finding five minutes after your lesson (even if you rush off to the loo with folder & pen in hand), scribble down some good points, bad points, and where you would go next lesson.
    A tip for an interview lesson that I've found works for me is: post-it plenaries. Then when they ask you how you know the students learnt what you think they learnt, you have your evidence right there with you.
    The one question that I've been asked that REALLY caught me out was along the lines of, "how has your experience of working in schools affected you as a person?".

Best of luck :)