1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job interview next week and I'm really panicking

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparklyeyes, Feb 16, 2012.

1. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

The last few interviews I've been on I've really bombed and/or frozen, consequently not got the job. Now, I have another interview next week and to say I'm panicking about it is a huge understatement. Someone offered to give me coaching but since agreeing that I should go over, has become invisible. So, no coaching.
    At this moment in time, I just can't see how I am going to succeed. Can't even think of what the questions would be so can't begin to prepare!!!!!!
    If you have any words of wisdom, or any ideas of what questions might be asked, please post!!
    Thanks in advance.

2. sparklyeyes

The last few interviews I've been on I've really bombed and/or frozen, consequently not got the job. Now, I have another interview next week and to say I'm panicking about it is a huge understatement. Someone offered to give me coaching but since agreeing that I should go over, has become invisible. So, no coaching.
    At this moment in time, I just can't see how I am going to succeed. Can't even think of what the questions would be so can't begin to prepare!!!!!!
    If you have any words of wisdom, or any ideas of what questions might be asked, please post!!
    Thanks in advance.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I was the worst interviewee but got to deputy in my day. The jobs I got came after interviews that went so smoothly because I just was genuinly in tune with what the schools needed. It felt like fitting a key in a lock - just right - and because my initial answers got feedback with a positive vibe my confidence just grew. But I had some real corkers too when I completely clammed up and froze.
    Good luck.
    I tried hypnotherapy to help me relax but I didn't get that job so can't really recommend it as a practical help - quite fun though.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Go over to the jobseekers forum - lots of advice and support over there!
    Look in the welcome thread (the top post) and you'll find interview tips and possible questions.
    Good luck [​IMG]

5. bnm

bnm

It's not about having prepared answers to questions. It's about being open and honest when you answer questions, and the job being the right one for you. Good luck.

6. sparklyeyes

Marlin, thanks, did that.

Bnm, I don't want to prepare answers necessarily, however I want to have a think about what I could possibly be asked and have some thoughts ready. Unless they just disappear from nerves.......[​IMG]
    Also, school rung me before the closing date, and on the same day they recieved my emailed application. So was quite excited and hopefull that they must like the sound of me to be that quick.
    So don't want to embarrass myself at interview.

7. bnm

bnm

You won't embarrass yourself.
    Think about why you want to teach, how children learn, how you inspire children and manage their behaviour. Think about what you can contribute to children's learning and the whole school community.
    When it's the right job for you it will feel right.

8. Have you looked on the JObseekers forum...loads of help there.

9. What is the job for and what are you doing now? Is this a promotion?