1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job interview - help!?!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by alisadaley, Nov 24, 2018.

1. alisadaley

alisadaley New commenter

Hi all.

I’m currently working as a HLTA in a SEN school working with Autistic children. The teacher resently resigned and I’ve been teaching for the past two weeks. Long story short I’m applying for the full time teaching role (I am fully qualified) and have been told to prepare a 15 minute lesson on the theme Our World - this weeks news!

I literally have no ideas. I don’t even know were to start. Such a broad topic. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. suzyshepster

suzyshepster New commenter

As it's almost Christmas you could look at how it is celebrated in different countries.

3. R13

R13 Occasional commenter

I would have thought the little information you have would suggest that you do something in the 'news'. depending on the needs & ability of your children that could be a real challenge for you - but I guess you know your children well so you should have some thoughts about whether it needs to be practical and directly relevant or can be about the sorts of things dominating the news but many people find difficult to relate to

4. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

It will have to be based on research which would mean some kind of social story type approach. I would advise doing some research into this as they will expect an evidence informed approach to the lesson.