1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Interview for teaching assistant...help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by missymoo45, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Hi all, i have worked for a short while in a day nursery and did my training in a school nursery for a year, i applied for a teaching assistant level 1 job and have an interview on tuesday.
    It says on the letter that it is in three part; formal interview, interview with a small group of children and i have to take a book to read to a year 3 group of children.
    Year 3's are older than i have worked with and i don't have any books except the new winnie the witch winter book, do you think this will be suitable to read to them?
    Also can you please give me any tips advise, i have been reading up on this site for tips also which is a great help.
    Thank you.

2. I also should have said that i have a BTEC level 2 which i passed at distinction level in Childcare, Learning and development.

3. yes the book should be fine if you are working with small group in an interview, but do try to make note of few questions to ask children, that wil help you. remember to ask short and simple questions about the contents of book.
    eg is it fiction or non fiction? etc ......
    hope this help.
    remeber to keep clear loud voice these junior class children can play up!!!

4. As above. Make sure you are confident about the story theme and maybe think about asking about the characters and the book setting as the children will be learning about them in class.
    Who are the characters? What are the characters like? Where is the set? What happens at the beginning and the end? What was the problem for the characters?
    Good luck with your interview.

5. I think that it's a good idea, but if it's a faith school, I think it would be safer to choose a different book.

6. Hope it went well.[​IMG]