1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job interview for Primary Teaching Assistant

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by FollyFairy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Difficult one - I have to say that for interviews I usually 'suit and boot' simply cause I want to make a good first impression and my interview suit helps me get in the mind-set for the interview. Good luck!

2. If you can't make an effort for an interview, god help you on a day to day basis. So get yourself dressed to impress.

3. I wasnt trying to suggest that - i didnt know how men dress in the primary sector (i.e. if different to secondary)

But now i do - thank you

4. It was written with a smile.

5. Definitely dressed to impress! We had a few male teachers come for interviews at our school and one of them stood out because he looked so smart. I think it is very important to create a good first impression.

6. Super thanks for the advice will dress like i do when i go tutoring (shirt tie and suit)

I do have another question - part of my interview is an in-tray exercise (i had a background look at this and it seems to be a role play task? - can anyone clarify that for me)

7. Thanks for the smart dress advice - i got the job :D