1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job interview AS/A2 Health and Social Care please advise, 20 minute lesson...

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by vickypask, May 1, 2012.

1. vickypask

vickypask New commenter

I have an interview tomorrow in a 6 th form college and I want the job! I only found out through an email today and the interview is tomorrow. I am required to teach a 20 minute AS/A2 level Health and Social Care revision lesson. The Unit is OCR 'Promoting Quality Care'. There will be approximately 12-15 students, several are dyslexic. I will have use of smart board and pc. Help please somebody, don't know where to begin!!

2. vickypask

vickypask New commenter

I have an interview tomorrow in a 6 th form college and I want the job! I only found out through an email today and the interview is tomorrow. I am required to teach a 20 minute AS/A2 level Health and Social Care revision lesson. The Unit is OCR 'Promoting Quality Care'. There will be approximately 12-15 students, several are dyslexic. I will have use of smart board and pc. Help please somebody, don't know where to begin!!

3. A suggestion would be use one of the recent press articles on the poor standard of care given to the elderly - and ask them to draw up a checklist of what they would want from a "quality" care home / define what their understanding of quality is
    Could get them into groups to write/draw on flip chart paper & move paper around the groups to add to list & then ask each group to present back the best examples OR get each group to look at a different aspect - different establishments or different rooms in an establishment (kitchen/ bedroom/ lounge etc)
    Good luck

vickypask likes this.