1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job interview advice - any insights appreciated!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Wilmthrop, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Wilmthrop

Wilmthrop New commenter

Evening all,

Rather unexpectedly, I've been offered an interview at a prestigious private school next week. To say that I'm anxious would be a massive understatement.

I'm relatively new to teaching, having just completed the Teach First programme. This will be the first proper interview I completed since I applied for TF and took part in the assessment centre way back in July 2015.

I was wondering what sort of questions I could expect to be asked. Unfortunately, the application form didn't provide much in the way of a person spec - rather broad descriptors about what the role entailed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

J

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Difficult to say as Indies often have their own approach to interviews. However there used to be a 'sticky' /pinned post at the top of the forum for help with interview just to help you feel a bit prepared.

Wilmthrop likes this.
  3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

4. PE-Wilson

PE-Wilson New commenter

Be yourself, Don't rehearse questions, don't be a robot. What they are looking for is someone who can teach but also someone who they get along with and can work with. I just got a job said I couldn't do half of the things but willing to learn. They appreciated my honesty and I got the job. The other two people had mounds of notes they were rehearsing prior to the interview whilst I just chatted with everyone in the staff room haha.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.