1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Induction day clash

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by peanut333, Mar 9, 2020.

1. peanut333

peanut333 New commenter

Hi,

I've recently accepted a position for my NQT year in September.

The problem is that the induction days (there's going to be a whole school one and a department one) are during the last week of my PGCE course when I'm supposed to be in Uni. During that weel at uni, we're going to be doing some presentations and the NQT Transition document (I'm not sure what this is).

I've asked my university if I will be ok to miss 2 days of this week for the induction days and they basically said they can work around me missing one day, but would really not like me to miss two.

Does anyone have any advice on what I do in this situation? I don't know which takes priority? Am I even in a position to tell the school I can't come to the induction day? I don't want to miss some important admin thing at uni and end up not qualifying!

Many thanks

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

One day of induction seems like a sensible compromise - talk to the school. The department induction day might well be moveable - they probably put it next to the whole school one to make it easier for anyone coming from further away. It might well only be you who is new in that department, or only a couple of you, in which case it ought to be possible to move it.