1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Fairs

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by turquoise, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I am looking for any tips on how to best prepare for Job fair interviews? Approx how much time would you have for each interview and what would be, say the key questions they might ask?

Thanks!

2. I am looking for any tips on how to best prepare for Job fair interviews? Approx how much time would you have for each interview and what would be, say the key questions they might ask?

Thanks!

3. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Hi. I am at a fair in BKK at the moment. Interview times may vary from school to school, but figure on 30 minutes (some may be more, a few may be less). Questions may also vary depending on your subject and background.
    Why this school/country?
    How would you adjust to or handle..
    Tell me about your teaching style/philosophy..
    If I walked into your classroom/lesson what would I see..
    Questions on collaboration, strengths, areas you would like to improve, etc.
    Fairly typical interview questions with no interview lessons (although some subjects may ask for mock lessons I suppose).