1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job fairs

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gappy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I only recently heard about teaching job fairs. I will be looking for a new job to start in Sept 2012 and want to get prepared early when it comes to scouting out new jobs. I know about search associates now but does anyone know of any other job fairs. (i'm based in UAE if that matters)
    Also do international job fairs have schools from the UK represented and looking for teachers?

Thanks,

2. momentofclarity

momentofclarity New commenter

If you register with International Schools Review they have a comprehensive list of all the fairs throughout the year. Your main options are Search, COIS, ISS. They all run fairs, experiences vary considerably person to person. I registered with Search in late September of this year, attended the Bangkok fair in January. The paperwork is a headache at times, as is the fact you have to tell your references you are likely leaving early in the year but it helps settle your mind pretty quick once the resignation is in and you can focus on job hunting. Went to the COIS fair in London 4 years ago, good experience there as well. Haven't worked with ISS, but I am sure many people have some experiences they might share.

Good luck!

3. Cheers MoC.
    thanks for that.