1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job exchange france / germany ...or wherever....?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by kreid1945, Dec 8, 2009.

1. I work teaching German and french in a High School in Scotland. I want to take my family abroad for a year , probably to France, to improve my French and enable the whole family to learn French and a different way of life. germany would be fine too but I already speak german pretty fluently and wouldn't be so beneficial to me personally, though I'd go back to germany like a shot!
    What would seem to be a good solution would be a job swap for a year but I can find little to help me online. What would you suggest? I could work for a charitable organisation and recieve less pay, but it would have to be Europe really, and I speak little or no Spanish /Italian so French or german speaking countries would suit best. Scandinavia would be great too, I speak a mix of swedish / norwegian. Maybe some members have worked a year abroad / job swap and might have some starters for us. many thanks in advance, Keith.

2. hi! if it's not too late, I'm interested!!!!! I teach English in France, and I have the same plan as you do! please e-mail me:
    zabmaz@yahoo.fr
    thanks!