1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job description changed including verbal contact before starting new job.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pinktuss, Apr 22, 2020.

1. pinktuss

pinktuss New commenter

Does anyone have any advice or experience regarding verbal contracts and job descriptions? I verbally agreed a working pattern upon acceptance of a new job at an independent school. The job description was sent to me at a later date, which I agreed to. (A teaching commitment of 50%) and other leadership responsibilities. The new job is about to start, however the verbal working pattern is now totally different and the teaching responsibilities are now 80% and is not what I agreed. I'm devastated that I've resigned from a secure job which I've held for over 12 years to have the terms of employment changed. I have contacted the union, citizens advice and a solicitor, but have been unable to get any direct conversations with any of these and I'm awaiting call backs. I'm really reaching out to see if anyone has ever been in this unfortunate situation and have come out the other side. Thanks all.