1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job at a notice to improve school

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by radical_teacher, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi

Sorry What I mean to write is this- Would you accept a job (Promotion) at a notice to improve school.

One side say yes as it is a chance to progress in the career ladder but the other side is thinking the problem,stress and what happen if the school fails to improve?
    I like to hear people opinion on this and what experience any one had.

Thanks

2. Completely depends on the school and if the management have the capacity to turn things around. I think that I would only take the job if I knew enough, and wouldn't want to go in blind.

3. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

I took a job at a national challange school (not quite the same thing) with some severe problems (both pupils and others) it gave a very good opportunity to drive forward change and establish my self as a middle leader (with poor grammar). Depends what effort you want to put in and what you want to do with your career. If you are dymanic and improve results and the quality of teaching and learning and crucially are able to demonstrate those skills in the next post you apply for, it shouldn't effect career progression. Obviously the most improtant thing is whether you actually like the school or not.