1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job applications (again!) most recent post?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sheeee, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

In the 'most recent post' part of an application form, do I put my teaching practice?! Or my last job? (I am doing a SCITT so based in school, but not paid...)

Sorry to ask another daft question, but I don't want to mess up the form and as I'm dyslexic I'm paraniod about doing something wrong!! :)

2. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

In the 'most recent post' part of an application form, do I put my teaching practice?! Or my last job? (I am doing a SCITT so based in school, but not paid...)

Sorry to ask another daft question, but I don't want to mess up the form and as I'm dyslexic I'm paraniod about doing something wrong!! :)

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'd put your last job (or unpaid work if its more recent?)
    I'm also dyslexic - I'm curious do you tick the disability box or not? (you don't have to answer if you'd rather not) x

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Usually NQTs put teaching practice in previous positions leaving the last post free as they are not currently employed.

5. NNS

NNS New commenter

And what if they dont have teaching practice?
    I worked as a self employed language-assistant in after school clubs in primary schools, but I never actually worked in a school, and my part time student jobs are totally irrelevant in this case. So do I just leave the experience page blank?

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Surely you've done placements to get QTS? x

7. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Then that experience would come under other employment