1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job application - when to hear back?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tealy1, Mar 26, 2017.

1. tealy1

tealy1 New commenter

Hi all,
    I applied for a Team Leader role with a closing date of Wednesday 10am. The interview is next Thursday. When do you assume I will hear if I've been shortlisted? I really want this role and feel I had a really positive meeting with the Head before I applied, but am a little worried that I've heard nothing yet.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Any time until about the end of Tuesday for interviews on Thursday.
    But generally by now, so maybe start to apply for something else if you've the time and inclination.

3. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

No one can know for sure but every time I have gotten an interview, I have been invited on the closing date or the day after.

It is so rude to not hear back. Grrrrr!!!

4. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Totally agree. This started to become the norm around 2000. Before that, you got a letter/phone call thanking you for you time in applying.
    Ironically, this was also about the same time that it became FREE for schools to contact applicants to tell them politely that they had not been shortlisted. They tell you it's about saving money/time-yet most teachers will tell you they waste for more of both in education these days!
    Remember when MOST teachers were polite to each other? Funnily enough, our students and parents tended to be more polite then too..

Lara mfl 05 and Landofla like this.
  5. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Yes, my experience is that you usually hear later on the closing day. It does look unlikely that you've been shortlisted. Sometimes you'll just hear when the whole process is over that you've been unsuccessful- which you know by that time, anyway. Good luck with your next application!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.