1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

job application self help group

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bubbles40, Apr 14, 2011.

1. bubbles40

bubbles40 New commenter

well another week has gone by , sent off applications and executive summary etc and no response - feeling completely despondent . would it be worth us starting a group where we help each other reviewing applications etc as i cannot afford the service on offer from tes ?

2. bubbles40

bubbles40 New commenter

well another week has gone by , sent off applications and executive summary etc and no response - feeling completely despondent . would it be worth us starting a group where we help each other reviewing applications etc as i cannot afford the service on offer from tes ?

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Oh Bubbles.....poor you.
    I know exactly how you feel as I was like that myself just a few weeks ago. Thoroughly pissed off and ready to throw in the towel................and then it happened. Landed my dream job.
    I know that's of little consolation to you but don't give in! I was coming home from work (supply) every night and taking anything up to 3 hours to do one application with personal statement, exec summary etc, only to waitfor the <strike>lies</strike> rejection letters tocome rolling in saying 'sorry but other candidates <strike>were cheaper</strike> better matched our requirements'.
    It's soul destroying.
    But I persisted and finally got there.
    Can I ask what subject you are in?

4. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Um .... what is an executive summary exactly?
    Just find myself at the start of the process; only at the find some supply stage yet. Have never heard of an exec summary.
    Look bubb

5. guinnesspuss

I was ousted in the middle of my post[​IMG]
    Was saying -
    Look bubbles it's already a working self help group[​IMG]

6. guinnesspuss

Thanks for the cheer up too Belle

7. bubbles40

bubbles40 New commenter

english .
    just thought that people swopping expertise might be a good idea, for instance , i would be happy to do things like advise on grammar etc . i have followed the advice on the threads but like many people on here , i suspect , i can't afford to attend a seminar or submit stuff to be looked at - afraid finances will not allow .
    thanks for the concern - it is like banging your head against a wall . had only one rejection letter [ i didn't have the skills or experience - excuse me ex- middle management , 15 years plus teaching experience ! ] and the other schools haven't even bothered .
    wondering why i am bothering .