1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Job Application - not done this for a while, a few questions!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, May 6, 2011.

1. Ive just been to look around a school and am not yet sure whether im going to apply, but im filling in the form as a start.
    A few things have me flummoxed already and I cant remember protocol from when I last applied for a job. Can anyone enlighten me on the following please!?

1) It asks for a 'grade'. Does this mean my payscale point?
    2) As the address for my current employer, do I put the actual school address or the LEA address?
    3) I am leaving due to unrest at the school, but also for a change of scenery and to experience pastures new. How do I word that in the "reason for leaving" box?
    4) How far back do I go with previous employment and qualifications?
    5) It asks for membership of professional bodies? Does this mean GTC, Unions, other things?
    6) Who on earth do I put as my second referee? Ive worked at this school for a few years and noone from anything before that would remember me. Can it be for example, my KS1 coordinator and my headteacher?
    I feel a bit dense but I want to get it right. Thanks all!
    7)